- Make our home, more like a home with our next PCS move--I have a really hard time with decorating and being creative when it comes to my living space, but its something I want to work on and something I know my husband would like to see me do--
- Cook more meals and cut down on eating out--Both my husband and I work a lot of hours and usually do not get home until after 7:00 so this could be a hard one, but we still enjoy home cooked meals together, not to mention the health factor, so this is something I would like to see become more of an occurrence--
- Run my first 10k--Hoping for this in the spring--
- Run my first half Marathon--This is going to be a huge accomplishment for me and one I will make happen!
- Loose 10 pounds--You knew it was coming! Everyone puts this on their list so wouldn't want to disappoint--I have, somehow, put 10 pounds on since our wedding and its time to get it under control before it gets out of control. Look for this accomplishment before the winter is over--
- Frequent more winery's and learn more about the process--I stopped at my first one in Sedona, AZ while on vacation visiting my husbands folks and sister. It was such a relaxing and great time! I loved the whole experience and am more then wanting to go again!
- This next one isn't really a goal but a change I would like to see happen in my life-- Its one I can't really talk about right now, but I wanted to write it down just the same--
- Take more time out of my day and spend it walking my 2 dogs--Our new big back yard has been such a God send for our 2 fur babies but its made me a lazy doggie mommy. I have really gotten relaxed about their exercise because now I can just open the back door and their happy enough. This house was Pipers first home with us, but before this house, we only had Bella and she got out at least 6 times a day and spent a good 2 hours playing with other dogs on the apartment grounds. She misses it and the car rides and going to the puppy park on post and the nightly walks and runs...It makes me feel poorly because I know how much she enjoyed the "us" time and she doesn't get that as much anymore. So here's to a new year and happier puppies:)
- Become a bigger part of the FRG--Family Readiness Group--My husband has been asking for this and at first I got mad at him for pushing me into something I wasn't sure I wanted to be apart of, but once I calmed down and we talked, I realized that he was right. He is getting higher in the ranks of the Army and the Army says I am a direct reflection on him in his career, whether or not I like that. Obviously the civilian world works a little differently. Regardless, the higher he gets in rank the more responsibility he has to his men and their families. He needs to know that he has a supportive wife just as committed to his success as he would be to mine and is--Apparently being apart of your FRG says that in the military world...So I will try harder!
- Finally, take a month off and travel the states--R is going after a career as a warrant officer and will be locked down for several months we are thinking. I am planning to take that time and do some traveling with myself and our 2 dogs--I want to go hike a gorgeous mountain, see the coast line of Maine, eat a hot dog on the streets of New York City, and camp under the stars of Montana...You get the picture:)
"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"--Dr. Napoleon Hill
2011 will be a great year as I work to achieve this list! What about you--What are you allowing your mind to conceive and believe?