March 31, 2009

Well I'm No Jackie Joyner Kersee!

Well tomorrow is definitely going to be a rest day from running...As much as I hate to break my streak, (two days, ha ha) today's run did my legs in and they need a rest...When I get inspired and motivated about something I just want to keep going and going until I reach my goal, but I've talked to myself about this and keep telling myself that this isn't a race, that I'm not competing with anyone here and that I need to listen to my body each day; Decide whats best for it rather then getting mad that I'm not JACKIE JOYNER KERSEE ALREADY:p I'm just super pumped about this and can't wait to say that I can run five miles without stopping! I've set a goal for myself to try and be ready to run my first 5k in three months time. I think that's pretty realistic, don't you? I felt good on my run today, my lungs didn't hurt as much this time around although my legs were feeling it a bit more...I woke up this morning a tad sore but not enough that it hurt so I figured, why not! Tomorrow I'm gonna be lucky if I can even walk, I can already see it...lol...I'll just take the time to do some fat burning on the treadmill instead...
So now that I finally have the motivation and WANT to be successful at this I've been talking so much smack its not even funny! lol...I have a co worker who I love to banter back and forth with. He's just such an easy target! Well today we got into it about who could run the fastest ( my momma can beat your momma kind of banter:p) and I told him that I could run so fast that doors rattled as I passed by....AHHHH HA HA HA HA! Now he's challenged me to a sprinting match....errrrrr....lol...I'll just have to sabotage him with his favorites: girl scout cookies and sugary lemonade!


6 comments:

  1. So I'm thinking about the impending soreness you need to hydrate! Hydrate! HYDRATE!!! When you're muscles are well lubricated they won't be as sore. This doesn't always work though... I drink more water than anyone else I know but my body gets achey when I up my weights! At that point I revert back to good ol' vitamin M (motrin)! You or your hubby should have it stockpiled somewhere! :)
    Good luck on your goal! Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl scouts cookies are my total weakness!
    Great job on getting out there and running, it's definitely great to listen to your body and take a rest when it needs it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to run and its just a lost cause. kudos to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny Becky! Ive been going to the gym here in Seoul this week and its been good. I havent been doing any running though...just walking on the treadmill...3 miles each time. So, a total of 6 miles this week:) I want to go back to doing intervals (example: 5 mins walking/3 mins running...alternating back and forth like this for at least 45 mins) but guess who forgot to bring her sports bra to Korea? I cannot run without bouncing all over the place and driving the guys into a wild frenzy...haha. Joke. Hope you are well. Love Sem

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you're starting, it's SO important to not overdo it! It's so exciting to get in shape and just watch your body work harder and harder! :)

    Also, on an unrelated note, I'm going private with my blog, maybe just temporarily, but I wanted to make sure that you could still follow! I didn't see an email, but then again, I can be looking for something right in front of me!! If you don't mind, send me an email at notallthosewhowander@gmail.com and I'll get you added! :)

    ReplyDelete

Spread a little sunshine and comment!