July 3, 2011

Trusty Guardian


I just love this picture. It used to hang in my grandmothers dining room where I would play as a small child. Gramma once told me she too loved this picture as a small girl. She would visit her grandmothers house and fall a sleep watching the picture where it hung above a day bed. How old this picture is, I can only guess! I know it has been passed down 3 generations-- I remember just stare at it, imagining I was that little girl with her very own dog keeping watch. I wanted a dog so badly when I was small; now I have two:) The only information I have is the name of the print and it's very fitting, "Trusty Guardian." When it was printed and by whom I don't know. I wish I did...These would have been things to ask my grandmother before she passed away 2 months ago. I was given this picture after she passed with full excitement and every intent to hang it in my child's nursery-- Little did I know, that time would be very soon!






This is a much clearer picture of the one I have, just to give you a better look at the colors and detail. My reason for this post is to ask for your opinion! I know it's still early but I'm starting to think on nursery themes and I would like one based off this picture. I'm COMPLETELY stuck as to what theme would go with this! I don't really want a Victorian theme, which would fit because that is a Victorian child. I've tossed around the idea of a beach theme because the Saint Bernard is guarding the small child from crashing waves in the background but what are your thoughts? I would LOVE to hear them!

For my family and friends who don't really use blogger, click the "comment" link below and a window will pop up for you to write your thoughts in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spread a little sunshine and comment!