January 25, 2013

Fitness Friday (WK 3)




Yay, it's Friday! And that means it's time for Fitness Friday which I really look forward to each week! Last week I was sick with the flu so everything bombed, from my workouts to eating, to sleeping and most importantly, staying hydrated. But I made up for it this week. This week rocked my socks! I literally wanted to stay in the gym, or be outside, running ALL day everyday this week. I had ants in my pants bad y'all! Fighting a bit of house arrest too after being locked inside for so long!

I ate really well this week, minus a small chocolate sundae on Tuesday, and stayed within 1500 calories or less. I cant say I did well with my water and sleep, however, which is probably why I'm feeling a bit drained at the end of the day. I've went up one pound this week, from the 5 lost while I was sick, but I know that's because I'm re-hydrating still. Regardless, I hit a major mile stone. I've reached 30 total pounds lost!!! That feels insanely good inside and looks even better on the outside. YAY ME!

Onto the weekly sweat jam...


Sunday~ 2.70 mile morning run with some fabulous chickadees (this was my first workout after being so sick. It felt good and terrible all at the same time, lol)  Monday~ 30 minutes on the TM doing hills, running and walking intervals. Then 30 minutes working arms, inner and outer thighs. Tuesday~ 1 hour brisk walk pushing a stroller. Wednesday~ 15 minutes doing hills on the treadmill, 30 push ups, 60 crunches, 90 squats, 120 lunges, 150 jumping jacks, 3 minutes of wall sits. SMOKER! Thursday~ 2 mile morning run (in the rain while pushing a stroller)  2.5 hours rock climbing that evening. I was smoked!  Friday~ Resting for my 5k color run on Sat! Pray we don't get rained out because that's what it's looking like.  


And now for what I'm REALLY excited about... My yummiest meal of the week! 


Sorry for the crappy picture. I was in a hurry to dive, face first, into this colorful aromatic bowl. Ha! I could have eaten my weight in this stuff y'all, it was that good! Seriously. If you have pangs of hunger for fresh, lite and perfectly flavored combinations. This is the dish for you! Also don't be fooled by the length of this recipe and instructions. It takes NO TIME to prepare, which is a double score in my busy day and I'm sure in yours too! 

Caribbean Taco Salad

Taco Shell 
4 (8 to10-inch) flour tortillas
3 tablespoons butter 

Salad
1 (20 oz.) package of Jennie-O lean ground turkey burger
1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons water
2 mango's, chopped (about 2 cups)
3/4 cup chopped avocado
3 tablespoons finely chopped  green onion (or any onion. I used white)
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 fresh lime cut and ready to squeeze
2 cups firmly packed fresh spinach 

1.) Heat oven to 425 degrees. Turn 4 medium size cereal bowls (or something similar) upside down onto baking sheet. Brush outside of bowls and one side of tortilla with butter (I used olive oil but only on the bowls) 


2.) Place tortillas, butter side up, over bowls. Press around sides to form a taco bowl shape. (it will not look perfect) Bake 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned. 

3.) In medium skillet, brown turkey until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Cook over low heat 3 to 5 minutes, until thoroughly heated.

4.) To make salsa, in medium bowl, stir together mango, onion, cilantro, brown sugar and lime juice ( squeeze until your happy with the taste.)  

5.) Place taco shells on serving plates. Divide spinach leaves evenly into shells. Top with cooked turkey, mango salsa and avocado...

And you're ready to eat! 

Hoping to make next week another success! Although I'm fighting some major guilt as my daughter struggles through being left at the child watch center at the gym. She was loving it so much, then the last two times I've gone, she's had melt downs. This last one, I had to actually leave after 15 minutes of working out. Poor baby. Pray we get this sorted because I'm so enjoying my time there, sweating and working hard. 

TGI--freaking--F!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds delish! Thanks for linking up for Fitness Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. numero uno: I'm definitely your newest followers.
    numero dos: I'm pinning this recipe so I don't forget it.
    numero tres: I'm a little obsessed with your baby and those juicy cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Your gonna go gaga over this recipe and those baby cheeks ARE juicy, lol!

      Delete
  3. Hi! Stopped by from Fitness Friday! I'm so impressed and motivated by all of you...not only for my fitness goals, but also my blogging attempts! Stop by and visit!
    LA
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by and for the comment! Fitness Friday is my favorite post of the week. So glad your inspired and looking forward hearing about your success as you go along!

      Delete

Spread a little sunshine and comment!