March 22, 2014

Quick Update

Life in Louisiana is great in some ways but in others, I wish we'd never left Washington. I can't help but feel really jealous of other families I know who got exciting assignments over seas and in sunny Hawaii while we're stuck here fighting off the masses of mosquitoes and daily visitors like this guy...


Yes that is a an ugly, veiny I'm so grossed out bat! I'm not sure what happened to it but I was so freaked out, praying one of my pets or kid didn't get a hold of it, exposing themselves to rabies... I was literally looking for signs of aggression and foaming at the mouth for hours after, lol! Which did remind me to update every ones shots ;)

There really isn't much to do at this installation, but up until last week, I was pretty happy spending my days at the house, settling in and unpacking. Gosh, it feels like I'll never truly be done with that though! My days have become about LONG hours with my toddler where we mostly play in the dirt out back, torment the dogs, watch gobs of Disney movies, snack incessantly because we're both so bored and visit the park almost daily because that is literally the only place to take her for some fun!  I'm working on getting her into a toddler program on post though, but with SO MANY HOOPS and paperwork it doesn't make this an easy and fast process :/ I'm just not one of those moms who think creatively 24/7 always having a fun and exciting new game under my hat. I've accepted that and I'm okay with it! I do have my moments but there are definite lulls in the day. So it's nice that I have the option to just pay someone to help me with the load of keeping my child active and happy ;)

R picked up his first JRTC rotation a few weeks ago which hasn't been easy on myself or Alyssa. I can't remember the last time I spent so many nights alone...I don't think EVER! This week the dam kinda broke in that regard. I couldn't fight off this overwhelming sense of isolation and loneliness that came over me...I'm just so ready to be back living around family and close friends but that's just not a reality until 2021...MEW!!!! I know I have to get myself out and doing things, making friends,  for these next 3 years NOT to feel endless and tragic. Life takes on a much brighter glow when your active and engaged with other adults, lol! I really hate that there is not a gym with a daycare here. I miss my old gym so much! I did join an All Hours Fitness a month ago but haven't done much with it on account I need to wake up at the butt crack of dawn to get my workout in before R needs to leave. On my own, I'm just not that hardcore. But my attitude and outlook improves ten fold when I'm working out regularly so I need to learn to be a morning person...

Going to try and make this blog a more regular thing as well! It's so hard getting back into the swing of writing when you've been out of it, but I enjoy it so much. Also looks like I'll have more time to write with so little to do around here ;) Minus school starting back up in a few days...I'm a nerd that this excites me, lol!



1 comment:

  1. Okay, bat = freaky! I guess it breaks up the monotony, though? :) Hope you can find some outlets for yourself! Does the post have any spouse clubs or spouse facebook pages? I know those can be hit-or-miss but sometimes the hits are really great.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a little sunshine and comment!