June 19, 2009

Creepy Finds...

So I was cleaning my house at 2:00 a.m. thursday morning and, while doing so, I found the words and images for my next post. please refrain from laughing over my early morning house work All I can say about the pictures below is, "Lord help the stupid fool who ever trys and breaks into this particualr apartment." Please enjoy while I show you the creepy things this Army wife gets to dust and clean around:)

This is an IED *explosive which can still explode* that Robert brought back from Iraq with him, I'm sure...He has another one on the shelf below this one. I'm almost positive he had them positioned as book ends before we got married...

From the words of Crocodile Dundee "Now thats a knife!" I mean, what am I going to do with that? Filet a steak?

Now this I can get excited about! I frequently run around the apartment with this massive samuri sword all the while yipping and pipping like Zena the Warrior Princess...You don't even want to see me in that leather getup:p

And yes, the husby's nightstand...All that edgy metal and there stands one of my purfume bottles:p Oh and his nose hair pluckers; now thats good for an eye gouge aye?


But wait! He does have a soft side...This is "Fred" the bear he sent me from Iraq with, not one but, TWO vases of fresh flowers...His redeeming qualities:p

So whats the verdict? Is he weird or does your husbands bestow these little gifts into your cleaning as well?

18 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that's hilarious! My husband has a Crocodile Dundee knife too! It's scary and ginormous like that one ;)

    But I might freak out if we had an explosive in our house that I had to clean around, especially one that might still be able to blow, I would be the one that accidentally knocks if over while I'm cleaning and KABOOM ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily my husband has yet to collect any of these items. But my father has an ejection seat, a propeller, and other random airplane parts that my poor Mother has to haul around on their moves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...

    Matt keeps everything! He has little toys from cereal boxes that he doesn't throw away. He has knives like Robert...and lots of little odds and ends that I wish I could just pitch. Maybe when we move :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. I'm looking at a mortar on our bookshelf as we speak. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm... sadly I don't have anything fun! =( My man sent me a "who's your Baghdaddy?!" T-shirt that I'm pretty jazzed about. HAAHAAHAAA
    I'll have to post a picture of my bed now, we have the same color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fiance has a ton of crap that he refuses to get rid of, but I keep it all hidden in his office lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yeah, jer has so much crap that i don't even know where to begin. when he came home this winter from some training he was doing, i had two rubbermaid boxes waiting for him of "stuff" that i had NO IDEA what it was. of course - he could come up w/a million reasons why he needed to keep it. as for freaky/creepy stuff like IED's - we don't have any IED's laying around, but one day an inactive grenade and some ammo fell on me from the closet shelf. i almost killed him after that. if you find a good explanation on why they need this stuff (the ammo i understand, we do own guns. but inactive grenades? ied's?) let me know. the reason i get: "cuz it's cool. DUH."

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK OK....this is the the Hubs speaking and that is not an IED lol. Its a round for an 81 mm mortar that is inert and the most i could do with it is hit someone with it. As for the rest of it....what can i say im a guy, but never fear love there will be plenty more "IED"s and edgy metal things before i retire hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Babe, it mid'as'well be an IED. It goes BOOM! Besides, this is my story and I'm stickin to it:p See you when you get home tomorrow sugar britches. MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. im cracking up at the IED..thats a man for you..for sure haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I love the mixture of your girly stuff in with his though..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahah!! ohhh the ied had me!


    lovin your breadspread turquoise and brown are the colors of our guest room and i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My question is how did he get that home lol because it is on the list of things you are not allowed to ship back from Iraq haha. My husband is just a knife guy and it is all in his man room lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! My guy Mark is a knife guy too. I'm keeping this blog post out of sight so he doesn't get any ideas :-P

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK...we don't have I.E.D.'s. We do have ICBM missle enable panels...knives etc (most stuff like that is put away safely away from the kids) and photos of all kinds of weapons and Dad with weapons etc. This post reminds me of when I would take my kids to the hourly care on base at the CDC (when I would have a doc appt or something) and I would notice the photos all over the walls of troops with guns and in training scenarios etc to show Mom and Dad at work...etc. It made me wonder if other day care facilities had such photos all over their walls. doubt it. :)

    Cute post...made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey there! I just found your blog through Young Mom/Wife. I can SO relate to this. Not only do we have three different shot guns in the apartment but a nice little variety of knives too!

    ReplyDelete

Spread a little sunshine and comment!