January 9, 2012

I'm Diggin it!

Switching back to my everyday blog feels awesome! But it also has me scared. It's been so long since I wrote a non baby related post that I'm afraid I've forgotten how to write anything else!...Non sense;)

Lately I've been reading through old posts I wrote as a new blogger, all the way back in '09! It's been a blast!!! Although, two things are clear to me; I obviously didn't use spell-check and I didn't believe in paragraph's, but rather ONE LOOOONG post. AWESOME! Because of that, it's been hard to not "edit" my work beyond finally using spell-check. But I won't. I think it add's character and it definitely reminds me how much fun I was having, just writing!

Which brought me to this thought---There are times where you loose sight of why you blog. Especially when you allow yourself to be wrapped up in other blogs; trying to compete with their 400+ followers. Trust me, It happens! As a new blogger I fell into that trap. Eventually, it became like work and a source of anxiety. "how can I get more followers. More comments. Oh no, I haven't read and commented on every blog I follow today." Some people follow over a hundred! There's no way you can sustain that and still allow time for your life and family. I still love comments though. That hasn't changed;) 

So I'm excited to be back! But I'm more excited that I've matured as a blogger and found a good balance. I no longer feel the need to post EVERY day nor do I feel the need to comment on EVERY blog post I read. I love reading about other people, but when their life over shadows the time to live mine...Something has to go! Right!?!? I know I'm not the only one who has dealt with this...There are definitely more type A personalities out there, so speak up!

If your not really sure about the highlights of this post, your not alone...But lets recap!
  • Balance is good!
  • I'm back in the saddle again. But the saddle feels stiff!
  • I apparently did not proof read or use spell-check in the past.
  • I have a type A personality:)
  • I'm thankful for the "Export" function on blogger. It's been fun reading all my previous babble:)
  • My name is Becca--
Works for me!
    



3 comments:

  1. I'm a type a personality as well!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said everything I've been feeling lately! Glad you found your balance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being back and for balance :)

    ReplyDelete

Spread a little sunshine and comment!