January 18, 2013

Fitness Friday (WK 2)





I lost FIVE pounds this week! Yup. Yup. 

Although, sadly, only by means of hourly offerings to the porcelain god. That's right. This week was a big fat miss. SugarCube came down with the flu Friday night so things have not been pretty since. By Wednesday, I had nursed her through all of it; the vomiting, fevers and upset stomach, only to have her recycle it to me. AWESOME. I was a mess. Mere water sent me running to the toilet. Yuck. I've barely eaten the last 48 hours: 2 apples, 1 banana, a quarter cup chicken noodle soup (drank the broth mostly) 2 saltine crackers, 1 piece peanut butter toast and 3 cinnamon pita chips. Maybe 600 calories? Starving this week was never my intent but maybe I'll keep a few of those lost lbs! Silver lining people ;) I did manage to get 3 hours of rock climbing in on Sunday though. I woke the next day, sore in all the right places so I at least have that to report. Oh, and that my abs are sore today as well. See... Even vomiting is a form of fitness, ha! I have higher hopes for this next week, although taking SugarCube back to the gym has me a bit nervous. I'm afraid that's where this all began and who knows how often those child watch centers are disinfected. I might just need to stick with Insanity, climbing and running until this flu epidemic runs through. Either that, or start going in the evenings where Grammy and Grampy can keep an ear out while she sleeps.

I hope all of you had a truly AWESOME, successful week!!! 
TGIF!


7 comments:

  1. Saw your blog on the Friday Fitness Link-up. Hope you feel better this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie! I'm hoping for a better week as well! I'm on the downward slope but now my mother in-law (who we live with while R is deployed) has it, eek! I hope I can keep it away from baby and I until it passes.

      Delete
  2. When I first read your blog I thought Woohooo....go girl! Then I realized you lost it because you were sick. I hope you're feeling better and gaining back your strength. Keep up the hard work girlfriend. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I only WISH I had lost 5 REAL lbs!!! Although the scale is holding and I'm definitely rehydrating, so we'll see :) The jeans fit MUCH better at any rate!

      Delete
  3. Wow - great job!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so badass. While you're losing 5 lbs, I'm eating half a bag of Lays. I'm joining the Y on Tuesday, so I'm indulging while I can. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo girl! That is ROUGH! I am trying to avoid child-filled places lately in hopes that we can avoid whatever illnesses are floating around. I hate it when the kids get sick because then, WOE. WE ARE STUCK AT THE HOUSE. And being at the house nonstop does not do good things for my sanity. You sound like you're killing it workout-wise though. Even on your sick days you were flexing abs and taking names.

    ReplyDelete

Spread a little sunshine and comment!