January 11, 2013

Fitness Friday

This is my first week linking up with Kelly  on Fitness Friday and I'm super duper stoked! 


I did fantastic this week with getting my sweat on, and although I cleaned my diet up comparatively to Decembers goodie madness, I still could have done better. I'd give myself a B+


I don't know about you, but I love seeing pictures of everyone's day, no matter how mundane or uninteresting the focal point. But darn it all. It's pretty awkward taking self photos in a gym full of sweaty locals, looking at you like your pretty bizarre for doing just that. Hence my pursed lip pose above, ha! I thought about taking one, after my workout, in the bathroom stall but then I realized those butt runners were behind me in the photo (not sure what they're called. Butt runners make sense to me) and that just seemed really desperate, so sorry guys. No bling this week! Although I really am loving my workouts! I promise. If I felt I could have smiled, I would have been beaming. At this point, I was 30 minutes into my workout, abs screaming, ACDC Thunder Struck blaring and life was more than good!

I took a pretty good 2 month hiatus from working out and watching my diet over the course of R deploying and SugarCube and I moving to Arizona. So to step on the scale last week, realizing I hadn't gained anything over the holidays and actually lost a pound, was pretty fantastic! I was going really strong over the summer, losing 27 lbs of baby weight in 3.5ish months, but then I lost my motivation, time, and energy through all the events of the past 60 days. But now that life has slowed to a manageable pace, it's time to lose these last 11 lbs and T.O.N.E- T.O.N.E- T.O.N.E!!! So without further chit chat, here is my workout stats for the week.

♥♥♥♥♥

Sunday: Insanity's cardio resistance (45 minutes)  Monday: 3 mile outdoor run with 2 mile brisk walk pushing a stroller Tuesday: Gym, 15 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes on a stationary bike, 30 minutes of plank, moving plank, sit ups , pushups, v pushups, triceps dips. Wednesday: 30 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on machines working abs, lower back, inner thighs, quads, hamstrings, glutes.  Thursday: 30 minutes at home, on a stationary bike. Friday: Insanity's pure cardio (45 minutes.)


Not too shabby! This week felt good. I never struggled with the want to sham on a workout and was actually excited for my little bit'o fitness everyday. I used to struggle all the time with slowing motivation and drive but there's something to be said about the learned behavior of, get up in the morning and workout before your brain catches onto what your doing. Then it's done and you have the rest of the day to be lazy! (well if I didn't have an 11 month old that might ring true) Point being, get it done early and you don't have the time to talk yourself out of it. This next week, I'm going to work just as hard, clean my diet up even more, focus more on water and get my 8 hours of rest each night. it all sounds good in theory. Wish me luck and I'll do the same!

Happy Friday!


15 comments:

  1. Nice job, Becca! You killed it this week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie! This next week might be lacking because my daughter caught the flu, so I'm afraid I might be next. We'll see, but fingers crossed it skips me!

      Delete
  2. Encouraging workout!!! Way to go! New follower and looking forward to reading more! I'm a mil spouse on a journey to lose baby weight and then some!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Misty! Thanks for the comment and follow! Can't wait to follow along in your journey as well :)

      Delete
  3. Can you please move near me... you have got it down! I can't seem to get motivated to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'd love to so long as the place you live has a good deal of sunshine? This IS the secret to my energy and motivation ;)

      Delete
  4. Maybe if I wake up and go on my walks, I'll hit my goal of 5 walks a week. I usually wake up and take a shower, so I should go on my walks instead.

    Great job working out everyday! I wish I had that motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fabulous idea Lindsey! I find that starting out with reasonable goals, that you know you can achieve, helps sustain a workout routine over time. You almost ALWAYS build from there as well :) As for motivation, when I'm starting a fitness routine without any, I always surround myself with like minded people. Their attitudes and hard work is usually contagious and inspiring, so your on the right track girlie!

      Delete
  5. Great job! You nailed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hoping for another great week :) Rock climbing tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. Great job on your workouts! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get it girl! Thanks for linking up! I LOVE seeing everyone's workout posts and pictures because it motivates me to get out there and add to them! I'm nominating you for a Liebster Award. Check out my blog so you can see what its all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you! I'll be sure to check it out! I agree about the pictures and posts from others. Being around other like minded, driven individuals helps fuel this journey :)

      Delete
  8. Hey girl, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!! Check it out here:
    http://sweettea-lemonade.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    -kelly
    sweettea-lemonade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Spread a little sunshine and comment!