I've received this nomination in the past, but have never completed it, so when Kelly and Lind's both nominated me in one week for the same award, I decided to seize the day! Some of the questions between Lind's and Kelly where the same so I'll only be answering 17 questions instead of 22. Which is a good thing because I can be quite wordy! This should be fun. Thanks ladies!
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
11 Facts About Me:
- I have a birth mark on my back, the shape of a tiny baby foot, toes and everything! It's super light and most people do not notice it. Even my husband had to be "shown" in our 2nd year of marriage because he'd missed it that entire time!
- I'm obsessed with children's Christmas books--- Ninety percent of my daughter's collection is just that! My Gramma read these to me all the time, as a kid, and it stuck!
- I had sever asthma as a kid, but grew out of it by the time I was ten.
- I'm more than slightly scared of heights yet I love rock climbing! What a conundrum, huh?!
- I am utterly and totally solar powered. I NEED the sunshine to survive. I already cannot wait until R retires so we can move here to Arizona, where the sun shines most everyday of the year.
- I'm a really confident soul but baking bread scares the shiza outta me! Over Thanksgiving, my mother in-law gave me the task of making "from scratch" pumpkin rolls. I was shaking so bad that 5 minutes into the process I had already messed up measurements and ingredients 3 times! Thankfully my mother in-law took pity and finished them so we would have bread to break!
- I prefer driving a stick shift over an automatic and one day I'd like to own either a yellow canary colored jeep or an old school 1950's red mini cooper. Or maybe both! It has to be a stick shift though...
- Starting at age seven, I've always had a nomadic lifestyle and really preferred it over the sedentary life. But being two years from turning 30, married with a small child, two dogs and a cat, I am MORE than ready to settle down and grow some DEEP roots. It's time...
- I used to bite my nails really bad as a kid, but now that I'm older and have found better ways to deal with stress, I don't anymore, Yet they refuse to grow any longer then the tips of my fingers now. Wired!
- I was given a name change at the age of seven, although it wasn't legally documented. Joshua was a FAR cry from my legal name Rebekah, right!? I switched back to my legal name at the age 23 because having an alias was just too confusing. Bet you didn't see that one coming!
- I never wore makeup, straightened my hair, pierced my ears or dated until my early 20's! I was a little behind the times due to an unconventional childhood, ha!
- Sweet or salty? Definitely salty but I'm finding sweets making their way into my brain more often these days.
- You have 20 minutes to throw an outfit together, what do you wear? Okay. Are we talking hypothetically, like we have all of Pinterest to choose from or just our wardrobe? I'm thinking your referring to our wardrobe which is much less exciting! I'm in a weird place with clothes right now. I'm down to my pre-pregnancy weight, however, that doesn't mean you look like your pre-pregnancy self. Which I do not. So mostly, I have yoga pants, and.... Well yoga pants! I refuse to buy anything new until I feel tight, toned and slim again. But I'd throw on a pair of my loser fitting AE jeans, with a white tank under my newish orange and cream overlay along with strappy silver bangled sandals and cute diamond studs.
- Do you juice? What is your favorite recipe? I don't. Yet. I'm thinking I'll delve into that when R returns and we're both working as a team to be healthy and fit. He'd like to start packing breakfast and lunch to work so this would be an amazing added piece to the "trying to be healthy" puzzle...
- Where did you buy your favorite pair of jeans? Again, my wardrobe sucks, so I don't have a favorite pair of jeans right now. But I usually find my favorite jeans at Buckle, when I can afford to shop there...
- How many children would you like to have? We already have a little girl and the closer we creep towards her first birthday (EEK, less than a month away) the more I think I could be really happy with just her! Like. Not even just saying that. I really think I could be done. The hubby is still on the fence about this so we might consider another baby, but no more than two!
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Butter Pecan, num num!
- What's your favorite season? S.U.M.M.E.R for obvious reasons ;) I get to bask in the warm sunny shine shine!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? That's a hard one, because I have so many places I think is fascinating! But I'd say somewhere warm and tropical where I could wear cheery bohemian skirts year' round and always feel the sun on my shoulders... Maybe Tahiti?
- Where will you be in 5 years? In five years, I really hope R has landed an ROTC position in Flag Staff, AZ (2 hours from his folks) or somewhere here in AZ where we can spend the rest of his career soaking in the sun, being close to family, FINALLY starting to look at neighborhoods, schools and HOUSES for our forever home.
- What is your daily routine like? With an eleven month old, it's pretty rock steady, ha! We wake up at 6:40ish where SugarCube eats some kind of fruit mixed with cereal and I make my power breakfast of turkey bacon and eggs. I usually either take us for a walk or go to the gym for an hour afterwards, then return home where we play until her first nap around 10:00ish. She sleeps for two hours so I usually eat lunch, blog, make baby food, do laundry, wash dishes, clean my bathroom, pick up baby toys, talk with my father in-law, make phone calls home to family, you name it. The skies the limit, ha! Baby girl wakes up at 12:00ish where she stays a wake until 3:00 (again we just play or I might take us out for a bit to Barnes & Nobles or to look for deals at Old Navy) 6:00 p.m is her bath time where we listen to Christmas carols while she splashes and I cheer her on. We get out, get dressed, read books, play some more until 7:00 p.m then she usually takes a bottle and passes out until we do it all over again the next day! Oh wait. You wanted the short version ;) My day does vary, but that's the gist.
- What is your dream job? Owning a rescue shelter paired with veterinary services and boarding one day. Mostly working with dogs.
- What are a few of your vices? My iPhone, MacBook and Hart Of Dixie show
- Name three things on your bucket list. Write and illustrate a child's Christmas book. Run a half marathon within or without an organized race. Doesn't matter to me. Climb a 5.11C clean before my 30th birthday.
- What are your top three favorite blogs to read? Chic Runner , she was one of my first running blogs I followed and one of a few who got me inspired to start doing it. Life with the Lieutenant , because she's such a fun, creative and REAL mom/blogger. Seriously. She'll have you cracking up and who doesn't need laughs and smiles in their day! And Blonde Glambition , a lot of good fitness advise and enthusiasm for health as well as a fellow Milspouse.
- Why do you blog? I blog because I love to write. I've always been better at communicating my thoughts on paper, so it's been very therapeutic. However, I originally started as a means to meet other MilSpouses which turned out fantastic!
- If you had an entire day to yourself, what would you do? That's a hard one! But since I have so little time to myself being a mom, my day would consist of the t.v, catching up on my 3 favorite shows, napping in between and never having to move. Seriously lame, but so good! If your a mom, you totally get this!
- What are some of your favorite hair/makeup products that you like to use? I'm still searching for a favorite hair product to work with my hair, but my favorite makeup is Mary Kay's mineral power. It covers and blends so well and looks amazing on! Also super quick to apply and definitely not messy.
My nominations for the Liebster Award are:
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is the first thing you notice about people?
- If you could live in any era of history, when would it be and why?
- What motivates you to exercise?
- What grown up job did you want, when you were a kid?
- Did you ever want to change your name? If so, to what?
- What single dish do you cook well?
- Where were you in life 5 years ago?
- What makes a house a home?
- What is something you have always wanted to try?
- Which junk food is your weakness?
WOW! This was a really long post and took me all day to write, but I hope you enjoyed and got the chance to learn a bit more about me!