July 19, 2013

A Bit Rusty, But Here We Go!

I hate when I've taken this much time from blogging. Truly. I do! So can we just pretend, for a moment, that this here blog's been hoppin and poppin with sassy, quipp'ilicious posts the past 3 months? That I've been sharing beautifully shot and edited photos on the daily and giving blow by blow DE.TA.ILS of fabulous Moi? And just as you'd expect, I've been faithful in weekly blog hops, linkups and heck! I've even done my part and written a few host posts so my fabulous ladyships could go on vacation without a halt in production. Yup. That's me alright, ha!

Sadly, that's not been the case. I've been a big-fat-blogging-failure. I partially blame that on the horrible, tragic coffee spill of 2013, and Facebook. But then I come back, to all that's happened in the past few months, and think. WOW. How could you just NOT write about that! Like the fact that your husband came home from being deployed and not only did you NOT say anything... You never got a homecoming pic!!! UGH. Yes. I still cringe about that. Yes. I wish I could go back in time, grab one of those equally excited MilSpouses and beg them to stick around for a shot of me and my soldier...

But, because I failed to get homecoming pictures, I won't go into great detail about his return. I even contemplated not writing about it because, lets face it, it's way more entertaining when you have photos to look at! So all I'll say is, it. was. amazing! Five days, baby free, with just R and I. Exactly what we needed, after months apart! We rented a hotel room for those days, and while we had obligations like signing for our rental, getting the keys, unloading our storage shed and other things, we really just spent that time talking, laughing, smiling (lots of smiling) and ahem...reconnecting. Can I get an amen!

Since his return, SugarCube and I have said "goodbye" to living with his folks in Arizona (goodbye sunshine) reclaimed our 2 dogs from my sister in Vegas and moved back to Washington state where we've been happily reintegrating for the past month!

Taken the day we left Phoenix. Our first shot together since his return! Oie...
 
This post is definitely lack luster. I know. And there's obviously so much more I could have said. Anyone that's been through a deployment and redeployment, knows that... I might revisit this topic some as I sort through photos from the past month. But for now, I just needed to get something written and if it sucks. Well it sucks and I'm sorry, ha! But now that I've broken the silence, I've paved the way to write about other things I'm passionate about. Like my current fitness status, yummy but healthy recipes I've been cooking, new PCS orders coming up all too quickly and SugarCube updates! For now though, you've gotta forgive my rusty fingers. I promise I'll get better, as the guilt and overwhelm wears off ;) 

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back tot he bloggy world! It's ok to take a break every once in a while! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back and hooray for first family photo after a separation ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!! I've missed you! :) Did you cut your hair?! Looks great! {So many exclamation points!!!!! LOL}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel a little bad about taking a blogging break, but you gotta do what you gotta do! Glad to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete

Spread a little sunshine and comment!